Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Let's Get It Started!

2010 is on its way out, and 2011 is about to begin. I have a lot going on in the next few months. By May, Mae, lol, needs to: finish and successfully defend the dissertation,  land a post degree position, and re-locate from the Midwest to the East Coast. All of this while working two part time jobs, raising a teenage son, and cultivating practices that focus on body, mind, and spirit. Daunting, yes, but doable, if I stay on purpose. So this blog is a space for me to organize my thoughts and actions, a place where I can keep my mind on my mission and my mission on my mind.

I have some short term goals that I am focused on. This week, for my career mission, I need to get my resume and related materials together for three positions that I am looking into. I just made it to the next level of prestigious fellowship program competition, and I will be prepping for the next stage soon, but more on that later. For my dissertation mission, I need to revise chapters 1-3 by the end of the year. In health, I am learning how to use my slow cooker and plan on coming up with 5 slow cook meals that I can prepare on a regular basis. In fitness, I am just trying to get to the gym 3 more times before the end of the year...not much, but I am being realistic. I may try to do 3 home exercise sessions too, but I am not promising. In spirituality, I am reading my inner peace cards daily, and striving to remain present. I am also trying to practice patience and grace with my son.

Shortly, I will outline the missions for the new year, but these will keep me busy for now.


On purpose,

Mae

No comments:

Post a Comment